Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oh..The Love for my Child

Kids don’t remember what you try to teach them. 
They remember what you are.
— Jim Henson 


There is no higher calling in my life or greater joy in my heart than raising my child.
Lord, fill me with your love and grace and mercy and compassion and gentleness.
Give me your patience and kindness.
Help me to be slow to anger and quick to forgive.
Teach me to depend on you for all my needs.
Give me a grateful heart so that his heart is filled with thanksgiving.
Let him see me rely on your provision.
Let him see me wait on you.
Let him see me trust in you for my friendships so that he can trust in you for his.
Let him see me seeking you so that he might seek you also.
Help me to always be mindful that he is watching me.
It is by your grace...
that I raise him and teach him and show him the way.
It is by your grace....
that he follow you all of his days.
It is by your grace alone.

I love you so much, Jace.  Your smile is so sweet.  Your laugh is so loud.
Your touch is so soft.  Your hugs are so tight.
You make me proud everyday.  You make my heart full
of joy.  You are a gift from God.  
You are my EVERYTHING!


No comments:

Post a Comment